Friday, March 14, 2008

It's Friday - Just 2 More Days Remaining

by Yolanda M. Dockery, Executive Assistant to the Executive Director, Family Investment Administration, Maryland Department of Human Resources

I'm a little late with my blog post today. I had lots of things I needed to do. Well, I didn't get to eat my applesauce until 12 noon today and that was supposed to be breakfast. I was able to drink lots of water again today while I awaited the opportunity to eat. I ate one of my two PB&J sandwiches that I made for lunch as I was driving in the car. I'll save the other for a mid day snack since I ate my breakfast really late today and it's already made and in my car. The first thing I noticed when I woke up this morning and opened our refrigerator is that my husband's tuna mac salad was gone. I immediately feared mine would now be in danger of disappearing. I'd better find/cook something additional for him and QUICK! or the end result could be HUNGER FOR ME!!! if may salad disappears. I was amazed that the first thing I looked for as I reached for the PB&J to make my sandwich was my long awaited/desired tuna mac salad.

I think tomorrow is going to be my largest challenge because of the leadership meeting at church with food. I think I'll combat the temptation by taking a can of fruit cocktail with me to the meeting for breakfast along with my bottle of water. I have one can of fruit cocktail remaining. I only purchased two cans and I've used one for my jello/fruit cocktail "breakfast combo". I think I still may sit in the hall while the meeting attendees eat or that could be the "DEATH OF MY CHALLENGE". I'd hate to have one day left and fall off and get run over by the wagon! Sat. and Sun. both may be hard simply because normally that is when I cook the really nice meals. I think I'll use a portion of Sat. and Sun. to run around to all my grocery stores and pick up all my favorites for next week. I noticed when I'm busy running around I don't think about food as much. I'm satisfied simply by drinking my water.

Last night I had tomato soup for dinner and the remaining jello with fruit cocktail for a snack. Tonight I'll have either more of my tuna mac salad or oodles of noodles. I'll have to see how I feel at dinner time. Speaking of tuna mac salad something "really weird" happened to my tuna mac salad between Weds. night and lunch on Thurs. I think all of my dollar store pasta drank up all my dollar store mayo because my salad was pretty dry when I had it for lunch yesterday. It was much more moist when I made it and tried it on Weds. night.

I went to the dollar store last night as a do every week and the cashier asked me "if I was still doing that thing for work"? She was talking about the FS Challenge. I told her yes and told her I was glad she remembered and that I would put her in my blog. She knew about the Challenge because I'd done a portion of my shopping there and I'd mentioned the forthcoming challenge to her. I was so surprised that she remembered.

No comments: