Thursday, March 13, 2008

Yes, I'm still in the FS Challenge - I have just been busy with many meetings

by Kevin McGuire, Executive Director, Family Investment Administration, Department of Human Resources

On Tuesday 3/11/08:
I woke and had a pink grapefruit, a piece of toast and a glass of water. No coffee! I miss my coffee. The rest of the morning I drank lots of water to just fill me up. Lunch came none too soon and I had a marmalade sandwich and a glass of milk. I snacked on a carrot later in the afternoon along with lots of water. Dinner was two hamburgers, cooked carrots, lettuce (no dressing) and, a slice of bread and a glass of milk...followed by a few more glasses of water. I am certainly well hydrated. However, I am probably drinking water as if I was in the Sahara. Time will tell if I can keep this up.

On Wednesday 3/12/08:
Breakfast was just a slice of toast and marmalade. I have decided today to hold out as long as possible before I eat something substantial. Everything went well until I went to a meeting. As I entered the meeting you could smell coffee and brownies. Oh, the coffee! How I miss the coffee! I realize that I usually spend more for a cup of coffee at Starbucks than what I am spending a day during the Challenge. Now I have to get through a reception before I go home to eat.

No comments: