Tuesday, March 18, 2008

My Final Day of the MD FS Challenge

by Kevin McGuire, Executive Director, Family Investment Administration, Department of Human Resources

This is the last day of the Challenge! I still have two conferences left to go and a business lunch as well.

I had a grapefruit, toast with marmalade and a big glass of water. I arrived at the first conference just as they were serving a continental breakfast. Oh, I can just smell the coffee. In fact, all I did was smell the coffee and look at the fruit salad, four different types of juice (orange, grapefruit, cranberry and apple), bagels and croissants galore as well as assorted danish. I found a seat and drank some water from a pitcher and passed on the bowl of candy at my table.

Next was a business lunch except that yours truly didn't have lunch. If that wasn't bad enough I needed to enter the second conference by the buffet lunch. If that wasn't bad enough dessert was cheesecake, carrot cake and black-and-white cookies. I don't know if I wanted to laugh or cry.

No comments: