Thursday, March 13, 2008

MY NOSE IS TELLING ME IT'S TIME TO EAT

by Yolanda M. Dockery, Executive Assistant to the Executive Director, Family Investment Administration, Maryland Department of Human Resources

Okay, It was 10:00 am. and I had not eaten my applesauce yet. I was trying to hold off as long as possible. All of a sudden it hit me. My Exec. Director (Mr. McGuire) was in a meeting in a conference room just off from my office with his Directors behind CLOSED DOORS and the sweet aroma of a "juicy pink grapefruit" started seeping from underneath the door. CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT I COULD SMELL HIS GRAPEFRUIT FROM BEHIND A CLOSED DOOR? WELL I COULD. I must be hungry so I decided it was time for my breakfast. I'm now enjoying my applesauce. I'm starting to think that when you are food deprived your sense of smell is amplified. I've been having similar experiences all week.

No comments: