Friday, March 14, 2008

Meatless Friday

by Kevin McGuire, Executive Director, Family Investment Administration, Department of Human Resources

Wow, it is Friday and I am still on the Challenge. Last Night I had two burgers on bread with a whole lot of broiled onions (no fries). I topped that off with a large glass of milk.

This morning I was in a rush and had a grapefruit. I traveled off to Annapolis (again) this morning for a meeting. After that I had lunch which consisted of another grapefruit and a carrot. I expect to have either lentils or pasta tonight (maybe both). I am feeling pretty good and have noticed that I lost a few more pounds. I guess that smaller portions is the trick. I did have one low point today. After my meeting I got a real craving to go have a slice of pizza. Luckily, I had my lunch in the car so I ate lunch right in the parking lot before heading back.

Coming up is the ultimate test as I have to attend a conference in Washington, DC this weekend. I don't know how I will fare will all the free food, luncheon and reception invitations I just received. I guess I will just pack lunch and some snacks. How I will avoid the coffee is another matter altogether.

It should be an interesting weekend.

No comments: